How Can PR & Digital Marketing Work Best Together
Episode 64 – How Can PR & Digital Marketing Work Best Together with Matthew Moore.
Did you know that I nearly had a career in PR & Communications instead of Digital Marketing?
As such, I remain a huge fan of this discipline and I am delighted to be joined by Matthew Moore, a PR Consultant and journalist, founder of Matthew Moore Consulting and Associate Director of Communications at Curious 12:
In this episode I ask Matthew the following questions:
- What is your definition of PR & Communications? How is PR still relevant in a digital marketing first world?
- What are the key elements of a successful PR campaign?
- What is the best way to work in partnership with professionals like you?
- What options have you explored for your clients to date? Any recent success stories you are happy to share?
- What are your top tips on effective storytelling?
- The art and science of writing a great press release, any expert advice?
- What is the best way to approach journalists nowadays?
And we close our conversation with the Content Marketing Studio Fun Quiz!
Templates, apps, tools and resources recommended by Matthew Moore:
- Mention for keeping track of coverage
- Coverage Book like Canva for PR reporting – make beautiful reports in minutes!
- PressReader to subscribe to magazines
- Vuelio Media database of journalists and influencers
- Response Source discover enquiries from top journalists asking for story ideas/ case studies
- Use these Twitter hashtags #journorequest #prrequest
- Trello and Asana for project management
Matthew’s 5-Steps PR & Communications Campaign Builder:
- Step 1 – Determine your PR campaign goals, KPIs, and channels. …
- Step 2 – Find your ideal target audience. …
- Step 3 – Perform market, channel and competitor research. …
- Step 4 – Set tactics, build key messaging, create content, Execute your PR campaign…
- Test, Measure, adapt, persist…
- Step 5 – Monitor, analyse, report the results; rinse and repeat.
About Matthew Moore
Matthew has more than 20 years’ experience working in journalism, PR and communications, for national consumer magazines & newspapers, across agencies, the public and private sector; and for the past decade as an independent consultant with clients in sports, travel, hospitality, the arts and third sector.
His CV includes working on the BBC’s national Switchover Help Scheme and activating PR campaigns for official partners of The Olympics and golf’s Ryder Cup.
Matthew Moore offers PR & Communications consultancy services, working in partnership with organisations & brands that champion the power of sport, culture, travel, health, wellbeing and education.
Matthew Moore Consulting Ltd Official Website
Matthew Moore on LinkedIn
Matthew Moore on Twitter
Thank you for watching and listening!
Please share today’s show with your community if you feel that it would be useful to them. Also, we welcome suggestions for topics and guests that would help all of us create better online content faster. Simply get in touch with me on email@example.com
A collection of photographs from our digital marketing speaking and training sessions.
Pascal Fintoni & Associates is a trading name of ArcLight Marketing and Media Ltd. Reg No. 07934869
© 2011- 2022 Pascal Fintoni. All Rights Reserved.