Why You Should Use PR In Digital Marketing
Episode 18: Why You Should Use PR In Digital Marketing with Keith Newman from Highlights PR.
In this ‘lively’ interview, we talk to PR and Communications consultant Keith Newman from his boat in St Peter’s Marina in Newcastle upon Tyne!
We tackle the opportunities offered by PR in a world dominated by the Internet amongst the sound of seagulls, memories of Auf Wiedersehen Pet, guerilla style photo shoots, technical glitches and changing weather conditions… enjoy!
In this episode, we ask Keith to share his advice and thoughts on:
- Why Public Relations activities are still relevant in the digital age
- Why using photography is essential to all elements of your marketing
- Why being seen in print and traditional channels can strengthen your online efforts
- What PR is and what it can achieve for your business and reputation management
- How you can always find a human interest story if you know where to look !
- Why there is still some confusion between PR and advertising
- How PR and executing PR campaigns have changed over time
- How you should send and distribute your press releases via email
- How you can repurpose stories and photographs into books and give-aways
- How to take advantage of the ‘Imagery + Headline + Story’ formula
- Why the key to successful PR is THE IDEA
Key resources mentioned in this episode or recommended by Keith Newman:
About Keith Newman
Keith began his journey in Public Relations working for Transco and fast becoming their go-to story finder. Fast-forward 10 years and he is now the managing director of Highlights PR, a dedicated agency offering media relations, corporate social responsibility, internal and external comms as well as crisis management services. Keith will identify stories that will be great to read in the media. One of his unique skills is finding angles that no one else has thought of, after all have you ever heard of any PR agency working from a boat?
If you would like more information on what was discussed in this interview, feel free to get in touch with Keith on:
highlights pr official website
Thank you for watching and listening!
Please share today’s interview with your community if you feel that it would be useful to them. Also, we welcome suggestions for topics and guests that would help all of us create better online content faster. Simply get in touch with me on email@example.com
A collection of photographs from our digital marketing speaking and training sessions.
Pascal Fintoni & Associates is a trading name of ArcLight Marketing and Media Ltd. Reg No. 07934869
© 2011- 2023 Pascal Fintoni. All Rights Reserved.