Rethinking Web Accessibility: Part 2 with Debra Caldow from Journey Skills
Episode 52 – Rethinking Web Accessibility: Part 2 with Debra Caldow from Journey Skills
Another great conversation to help us reflect on what we mean by website accessibility and what we can do to create content for a more diverse audience.
I am joined by business owner, trainer and podcaster Debra Caldow, the host of Journey Skills to talk about neurodiversity:
In this episode Debra Caldow and I talk about:
- launching her podcast ‘Journey Skills’ and the inspiration for the content and guests she enjoys talking to
- her personal experience with additional needs and neurodiversity and how her daughter has been the inspiration for wanting to help others
- how she identified a gap in topics such as daily living, adulthood, work, relationship and other long-term practical issues
- the way technology could become an enabler and provide additional support for young people with additional needs
- the potential challenges of an online information first society and the popularity of social media
- areas where we could be more attentive to the needs of others and adapting our content creation process accordingly
- the positive impact of talking to individuals with additional needs on her podcast and the lessons for all of us about really understanding our audience
- the importance of connecting and sharing with others so that you learn more and build the right network of contacts
- reasonable adjustments and why very often the solutions to support an individual with additional needs are extremely simple
- and so much more!
About Debra Caldow
Debra Caldow is the Co-Founder of The Red Giraffe Solutions delivering specialist training, she is also the Marketing Director of Red Giraffe Property whose goal is to provide independent living accommodation for young adults with additional needs.
Debra is also the host of the JourneySkills podcast where she shares stories and solutions from professionals and parents around the world who are helping change the futures of young people with additional needs.
The Journey Skills Official Website
The Journey Skills Podcast
Journey Skills on Facebook
Journey Skills on Twitter
Red Giraffe Property Official Website
Debra Caldow on Linkedin
Thank you for watching and listening!
Please share today’s show with your community if you feel that it would be useful to them. Also, we welcome suggestions for topics and guests that would help all of us create better online content faster. Simply get in touch with me on firstname.lastname@example.org
A collection of photographs from our digital marketing speaking and training sessions.
Pascal Fintoni & Associates is a trading name of ArcLight Marketing and Media Ltd. Reg No. 07934869
© 2011- 2021 Pascal Fintoni. All Rights Reserved.