Meet The Book Authors: Roger Edwards – ‘Cats, Mats and Marketing Plans’
Episode 59 – Meet The Book Authors: Roger Edwards – ‘Cats, Mats and Marketing Plans’.
Still thinking about writing your first book to build your brand and authority in your sector?
I am joined by marketing strategist and content producer Roger Edwards who recently became a published author:
In this episode Roger Edwards and I talk about:
- his interest and passion for writing and expressing in his own words what he observed from the world of marketing
- the ‘moment’ he realised that capturing his ideas and stories in a book format was a project worth exploring further
- how the reactions to his ‘Cat On The Mat’ story from audiences at events were also the catalyst to transfer his knowledge into a book
- the many ways he kept himself motivated and the benefits of taking breaks from the project
- the importance of trying different methods to capture your ideas from jotting ideas on a notepad to dictating on your phone
- the transition from working on his own to bringing a team with specific roles:
- developmental editor
- proof reader
- graphic designer
- how he came up with the structure of the book as well as its cover and artwork
- the various printing and publishing options available to book authors
- the key lessons contained in the book and the many issues or shortcomings of the majority of marketing strategies
- Roger’s advice on why it is essential to keep marketing simple and cut out the complexity and BS from your sales and marketing activities
- And so much more!
About Roger Edwards
Roger Edwards is a marketing consultant and international speaker on a mission to keep marketing simple and cut the complexity from your marketing strategy. He is a video and podcast series producer and now the author of ‘Cats, Mats and Marketing Plans’ a highly practical guide to creating and implementing a no-nonsense marketing campaign.
Roger Edwards Marketing Official Website
Cats, Mats and Marketing Plans on Amazon
Roger Edwards on Linkedin
Roger Edwards on Twitter
Roger Edwards on YouTube
Thank you for watching and listening!
Please share today’s show with your community if you feel that it would be useful to them. Also, we welcome suggestions for topics and guests that would help all of us create better online content faster. Simply get in touch with me on firstname.lastname@example.org
A collection of photographs from our digital marketing speaking and training sessions.
Pascal Fintoni & Associates is a trading name of ArcLight Marketing and Media Ltd. Reg No. 07934869
© 2011- 2021 Pascal Fintoni. All Rights Reserved.